Friday 8 April 2011

Season 10 Review

What a disappointing season!

After being relegated the season before I was quite sure I could bounce straight back up to the Premier League :(

After a very promising start I managed 10th position in the Championship with a 17-10-13 W-D-L ratio. The star of my season was my favourite Iranian Striker, Vahid Amraei:


Sadly I think we're nearing the end of an era, for Keisuke Honda, and soon, Takayuki Morimoto. They are 34yo and 32yo respectively and both of them had poor seasons compared to previous ones. It was actually a tough decision to decide whether or not I should re-sign Honda! However after considering his attributes are still very good, his wage is only 8k yet has World Famous reputation and that he's one of my two favourite players in South Pacific Striker's history, I decided to keep him!


After realising how old these guys were getting, I decided to check the rest of my team only to find it even more worrying!

If I kept my starting 11 from last season, this is what I was looking at:

1 x 34yo
2 x 33yo
1 x 32yo
1 x 31yo
1 x 30yo
2 x 29yo
1 x 24yo
1 x 26yo
1 x 22yo

With two 29yo on the bench. 

After seeing this, I realised it was time for some major team overhauling!

Not long after, I received a great bid for one of my best youth prospects, Vladimir Akbarov. It was a very tough choice to accept but I'm hoping that my games record holder Jin-Woo Jang can have a great season as keeper :)


Apart from Arkabov I do have some nice kids coming through to the first team.

22yo D/M L - Ian Smith


22yo ST -  Danny Fleming


20yo DC - Yushi Endo


 21yo ST - Tatsuya Takenaka


These four will hopefully play a lot this season - how odd that they all are left footers! 

I've also got quite a few good younger kids coming through, will be interesting to see if any of them can break into the first team. 

Season 11 Expectations:

- Gain promotion to the Premier League, I don't care if I finish 1st or 5th.
- Reach the final of the U17 Champions Cup.
- Ensure qualification of U21/U19/U17 teams to the Champions Cup of each age level for the following season.
- Continue to develop and bring as many kids through the first team.


 

1 comment:

  1. With those kids you have coming through, it looks like Asia-Oceania dominance is on its way to Nunez. :)

    ReplyDelete